SELLING YOUR PROPERTY - OUR ADVICE
CLICK BELOW TO SEE:
There are a number of things you can do to help us achieve a quick sale at a good price.
Our Advise and Tips when selling your property:
- Be realistic about the price you ask for your property.
- Be as flexible as possible about viewing times.
- Many prospective buyers will drive by and view your property from the road before deciding to make an appointment to view the interior. The better the outside appearance, the greater the chance that they will want to see inside. If you can, pick up any litter, cut the grass and trim the hedges. If the garden is lacking in colour, maybe consider planting some tubs of flowers to brighten it up.
- Don't go out leaving the curtains closed all day.
- If the outside of your property is important, the inside is even more so. After location, space and light are the two most important aspects for home buyers.
- Clear away the clutter, tidy up the toys, make the beds, wash and put away the dishes and the laundry. Keep cats and dogs out of the house for the duration, not everybody likes them!
- Try to get rid of any strong smells such as those from animals or cooking. The old clichés of putting on a pot of coffee or some bread in the oven may be past their best but some fresh flowers are a good idea, and make sure the windows are clean.
- Keep work surfaces in the kitchen reasonably tidy and clear of clutter.
- Make sure the house is warm but don't overdo it. During the winter, if you have an open fireplace in the living room, light a fire.
- If some areas are dark, leave some discreet lighting on in those areas to improve the ambience.
- Do try and go out while people are viewing your home. Your presence in the house can make potential buyers feel like they are intruding and they certainly will be reluctant to discuss their ideas for furnishing and decoration if you are at home. Your absence enables your agent to get a more honest view from the buyer as to what they are looking for and whether your property meets their requirements.
- Following even a few of these tips will help you to ensure that your home is shown at its best so that we can get you the best price!
Spencer Auctioneers, Main Street, Oughterard, Co. Galway, Ireland.
Tel: +353 91 552999 / Fax: +353 91 552990
Email: email@example.com / Web: www.spencerauctioneers.com